Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Still Here.....

Yesterday (July 6th) was my sister, Tammie's birthday. Tammie passed almost two years ago. She would have turned twenty-nine in her physcial body. There were parts of yesterday that I began to feel myself fall in to the saddness of her not being here, but I then reminded myself that she has not gone anywhere. In every moment that I had to remind myself that she was still with me, I felt her presence as strong as I would if she would have been standing right next to me, in her body. Obviously she was not around for me to hug (physcially) or see her daughter, but she was, and is, still here.

Just because we can not see or touch the people that may pass on from this place, does not mean we ever truly loose them at all. Granted we do loose the parts of them that we become accustom to in our life, in the physcial sense, but the love we share with them never leaves us.

I have known many people who have passed away. Some have been closer than others. In every experience I always do my best to find peace in it and seek the understanding of my self, life, that it has to offer. The passing of my younger sister, however, brought deeper layers of letting go, because of the dynamic of our emotional attachments, than I have participated in before. Although it has been deeper work for me, it has also offered even greater insight to myself, which I give thanks for. It has also showed me more than ever before, just because someone is gone in the physcial sense doesn't mean there gone from our life. She is still here!

Take a moment to acknowledge the peole that may have passed on from your life. Give thanks for the opportunities to have ever know them at all, and stay open to the presence they still have in your life, and always will.

The love you are, as well as the love you share with others, is within you.

Special Note:

If you are dealing with the loss of someone in this moment, I honor your courage to be open to the layers of emotions that may be arising in you. I greet you with compassion and trust that your heart will be reached with peace. In no way will I claim to understand the pain of your experience, but I will say you are not alone. Ride the wave with gratitude. It's okay to be sad, in the same way it is to be happy, just allow yourself to be where you are with the process, always.

Many Blessings- RRIII

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. Tears streak my cheeks now and I know later, I will laugh heartily at abundant and joyous coincidences.

Ali said...

sending you so much love and light xoxo

RRIII said...

thank you both!

Unknown said...

Ricky, I found your blog when trying to find you after my son mentioned you visiting his class. This post made my heart skip a beat. Thank you for sharing and for remembering your sister this way. This is how she wants to be remembered-with joy.

RRIII said...

Thank you "tangled up." I am glad it reached you well. I aplogize for the delay in my response..